Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gabe Visits Europe

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Paris and London! We had a blast the whole time and wanted to share a few photos.

In Paris...

Our first night we saw the Eiffel Tower at sunset.


The next morning we saw the Mona Lisa. It was smaller than I thought it would be.


This is me outside the Louvre.


The Opera House in Paris. Interesting note: The Paris opera house has an underground river (not open to the public anymore) which was the inspiration for The Phantom of the Opera.




Notre Dame (back side)


Notre Dame (front) If you look closely, you can see the hunchback in the bell tower ;-)


Eiffel Tower at night.


Gabe at the gates of Versailles.


Richard in the hall of mirrors.


Standing in the huge backyard at the palace of Versailles. It has 200,000 trees, 50 fountains, 620 jets of water and approximately 2,000 acres. It takes 1 hour to walk from the palace door to the back of the property.







And now London...

The British Museum.


I was comparing bellies with the guy from Easter Island.


In front of the London Eye.


Big Ben across the Thames river.


Standing outside Buckingham Palace.


Changing of the guards.




Richard was able to meet our Governor.


And I struck a pose with J Lo.


We weren't able to take pictures inside Westminster Abbey, but this is the outside.


Again, couldn't take pictures of the inside, but this is the outside of Windsor Castle. It was really amazing to walk through a castle where the Queen actually lives part of the year.


St. James Chapel is on the Windsor castle property.


Lastly, we went to the Sherlock Holmes museum. This is the address of Sherlock Holmes according to the novels.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your pics! I felt like I was there with you guys when I got texts from you! Thanks for sharing your amazing adventure! I bet Gabe can't wait to go back for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed getting a photo of you and Richard last night! Will you post one on here so I can steal it for my blog? I have one of Thumper and the Bee but none of little Gabriel "The Bun!"

    ReplyDelete