Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gabriel's New Words

I plan to catch all his words on video soon, but for now I want to share how Gabriel is doing and what he is saying.

We recently went to Gabriel's 15 month check-up. He is healthy and strong. His weight is average, but his height is around the 80th percentile. Not surprising, since he has tall parents. Although, when I look at him, I don't think he looks tall. In fact, I've seen many other babies bigger and younger than him. So in my mind, he is still an average height.

The doctor did a finger prick on Gabriel to test his blood for anemia. We haven't heard the results. She did this because I told her our previous doctor said to put him on whole milk instead of formula at 10.5 months (after my milk dried up). Our previous doctor also told us there was enough iron in our baby cereal to meet his daily needs, but our current doctor says it's not enough. Sheesh! Can't they all just agree on things? Anyway, I haven't heard back from the blood work, so I plan to call tomorrow.

Gabriel is speaking a few words. He says mama, dada, and cracker which sounds like "cacka". Those are the words he really has down and uses often. He will sometimes try to say other words that he hears, but it's usually a whisper and hard to catch. He has started to say Tabor, which sounds like "Babo". He surprised me with this one, because I wasn't even trying to get him to say it. I was showing him a video of Tabor, and he said "Babo!"

In other news, Gabriel has also been very clingy. I suspect it may be related to our recent move to Virginia. I'm sure he feels a little out of sorts. It makes it hard to get ready in the morning and to cook dinner, but outside of that I don't mind. I have taught him to say "mama" when he wants my attention, instead of just whining. He caught on quickly, but now he says "mama" when he wants Richard to pick him up too! Richard will correct him, but Gabriel keeps making the same mistake each time. Oh well, we can all respond to "mama" for now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I heard him!! I can't believe he says TABOR!!! I'm working on getting tbo to say Gabriel!! That's so amazing! I love it! It made my heart melt. Gabriel you are just way too cute! I love you little man! We miss you so much! Keep giving your mom hugs and someday teach your buddy to give his momma hugs too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete