Friday, October 5, 2012

New York City Baby!

Who says you can't have fun after you have kids? All you have to do is leave your toddler at home with your husband, and spend the weekend in the big apple with your girl friend! Actually I just have an amazing husband who let me have a girl's weekend to celebrate my friend Lauren's birthday. Happy birthday Lauren!

We went to Hoboken, New Jersey, where I got to visit Carlo's Bakery! For those of you non-cake enthusiasts that is the bakery owned by "The Cake Boss" who has a show on TV.

The Cake Boss himself wasn't there, but I did take a picture with his life size poster :)

The fancy cakes on TV are hundreds to thousands of dollars, but if you want something basic and small, you can walk in and buy one of these pretties.


We also spent a day in New York City. I got to wave down a taxi for the first time, see a show on Broadway and eat a New York pizza. Something I thought was interesting was how they park your car. Their parking lot fits four cars on top of each other! It's all done with an elevator system. Cool, huh?

 Here I am in Times Square.

Although I had a blast, I could never live in NYC. The kitchen's in a typical apartment would only hold a few dishes, and most people order food or go out all the time. You also have to spend a bazillion dollars just to get around town (taxis etc), not to mention the cost of an apartment. Nope. Not for me, thank you! Although I'll go visit again anytime :)

No comments:

Post a Comment