Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My First Loaf of Bread

For a while I've had this book called Artisan Breads at Home. I want to be able to bake my own bread, but have been pretty intimidated by the whole process. My mom makes amazing bread from scratch. She actually grinds her own grains! I don't plan on doing that much work, but I want something more hands on than a bread machine too. Well, I finally just did it. My first loaf of bread was an oatmeal bread. I, of course, ate it right out of the oven. It was filling the house with its wonderful aroma while it was baking. When I took it out, I only let it rest long enough to be able to handle it. Then I cut into it and watched the steam escape. Mmmmm. Doesn't everyone love bread straight from the oven? I know I do!

The baker at work...


The helper helping...


The final product!


No comments:

Post a Comment