Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cloth Diapers

I did it. I made the switch. I just ordered a bunch of cloth diapers! We decided to make the switch since cloth is SO much cheaper than disposable. Originally, I didn't want cloth, because I thought it meant using those old rectangular fabrics (the ones I currently use for burp cloths) and a huge safety pin, kind of like in the cartoons. But cloth diapers have come a LONG way since then. They're actually cute! On top of that, cleaning is much easier than I thought. Almost everything can simply be put in the washing machine.

Here is the type of diaper I ordered. http://www.bumgenius.com/
It's a one-size diaper that adjusts as your child grows bigger. So Gabriel will be able to use these until he's potty trained, then he can pass them on to siblings. I'm estimating we'll break even by the end of this year, but will save  hundreds of dollars next year. If we have other children, we will end up saving thousands of dollars.

So I ordered my diapers a couple days ago, and am not being very patient for them to arrive. I'm really excited! Who knew you could get so excited about new diapers? Anyway, they should arrive tomorrow. Yippee!

1 comment:

  1. Ours should arrive soon! I'm so so so excited! I'm jealous that you've already washed yours & Gabe's already wearing them! I'm very impatient! Our boys are going to look so cute in their matching CD's! We are officially dorky moms since we're excited about cloth diapers!! Can't wait to see them on G! Can't wait to see them on T either! Only a few more hours!!!

    ReplyDelete