Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - Thanking our Protectors

It's hard for me to imagine it's been 10 years since 9/11. I remember exactly what I was doing. I was getting help from my high school calculus teacher (yes I was still in high school). The TV in our classroom was playing the live scene of the towers, and we stopped and stared as they came crashing down. I saved the newspapers and TIME magazine the following day so that I can show my children some day when they are learning about what happened.

Each year since the 9/11 attacks, our church congregation writes thank you cards and the kids color pictures for the men and women who protect us. This year, our family volunteered to deliver them to a local fire station. We picked up some cookies on the way, and drove over to deliver the goodies. The firemen were very happy to receive a gift and especially the cookies. They also told us to bring Gabriel back when he's a couple years older to show him the station and the trucks. That we will definitely do!

To all those who protect us from harm - Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment