Thursday, November 3, 2011

Scrub Day

Today is scrub day. What is scrub day, you ask? Scrub day is when I am wearing my "scrubs". Today that consists of warm-up pants, slippers, an over-sized Celine Dion t-shirt and my high school basketball sweatshirt with a hole burned in it from sitting too close to a campfire. No makeup, hair is not done and glasses instead of contacts.

Scrub day happens when your baby is sick. When his nose is so runny that he can't breath, and has a hard time nursing and eating. When he's getting a tooth and his gums hurt.

Scrub day happens when you haven't gotten hardly any sleep for the last two nights, because you're baby is up crying, and all you can do is hold him and sing to him.

On scrub day, you go to the store and pray no one you will ever see again in your life sees you. You ask the pharmacist if there's anything you can possible give your baby to help him sleep and breath, to which the answer is "no, just wait it out".

On scrub day, you wear the snot your baby rubbed on your shoulder, and the slobber that dripped on you and everything else in the house.

On scrub day, you don't make any food and tell your husband he gets a PBJ for dinner.

Yes, today is scrub day. I predict tomorrow will be a scrub day too.

2 comments:

  1. hi Sara, i'm melissa, danielle's italian friend. I know the sensation... my son is almos 3 years old, but I remember every single moment, every single night about that period. Go Sara go... everithing pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Gabriel! And poor mommy!! I know that it's hard to know that your baby isn't feeling well and there is nothing you can do for him but I'll bet that even on "scrub" day you still look as beautiful as ever (because you are radiating God's love for your child and I'm sure EVERYONE can see it!)

    ReplyDelete