Friday, January 20, 2012

Sad News and Joy

We are sad to announce that we recently lost our newest addition to the family through a miscarriage a couple weeks ago. It's taken some time for me to finally sit down and write about it on our blog. I don't want to just breeze past it as if it never happened, because that little child was important to us. Even though we never met him/her in person we had many hopes and dreams for the future. So we have been mourning the loss of this baby, but at the same time we are filled with joy. Here's why.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
-Jeremiah 29:11-13

God has a plan for our lives, and we want nothing less than what he has in mind for us. We don't always understand why certain things happen, but know that it is a small part of God's master plan. God loves us and wants the best for us.

Richard and I have hope that when we get to heaven, we'll finally get to meet the child we were never able to meet on earth. What joy! What more could we as parents ask for, but that our children be redeemed by God's grace.

Even though we're filled with joy at the thought of our child in heaven, we still lean on God for our strength to get through our sadness.
"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."
-Psalm 55:22

2 comments: