Monday, February 6, 2012

Gabriel's First Birthday - Dr Seuss party, Cat in the hat cake, Smash cake and more

Gabriel is one year old! I can't believe it! We had a great first birthday party with a Dr Seuss theme. Everyone had a blast, and I had a blast putting it all together. I could not have done it without my baking buddies, Danielle and Marlene. Neither could I have pulled it off without my mom, who was able to fly out to be here for the big event. Thanks guys!

First, I want to show you the invite for the party.
 

The day of the party, we put the same picture on our front door and it said "No need to knock, just come inside. We're all upstairs. Come join the ride!"

Inside, we had a table with socks and fabric markers. Next to them was Dr Seuss's The Foot Book, and the quote "In the house and on the street, how many different feet you meet!". Guests were encouraged to color their own socks, wear them throughout the party and meet all the other feet.

Upstairs was decked out with Dr Seuss books propped up in all locations. The food table looked like this. Most of the food was inspired by a Dr Seuss book. Green Eggs and Ham, Three Cheese Tree, Hop On Pop(corn), etc.



Danielle made chocolate coated cat in the hat marshmallows that were delicious!

And I couldn't get by without doing another cake. I don't think I need to tell you what book it's from :)

I was so excited to give Gabriel his smash cake. I pictured him making a huge mess and getting cake all over the place and in his hair. He didn't quite have that reaction. I guess I've trained him well to not make messes while eating. Check out the video and pictures.





As a party gift for our guests, I made these A-B-C cookies, inspired by Dr Seuss's A-B-C book.


Baby Gabey we love you dearly. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment