Thursday, February 16, 2012

Making A Tea Wreath

I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to make one for a couple friends. Now that they have both received their gifts, I get to blog about it! A tea wreath can be hung anywhere you like. It's decorative and functional. If you really like tea, you can keep it stocked throughout the year. Each time someone comes over for tea, they can easily see what kinds are available. Let them pick a tea bag from the wreath and simply replace it later on. I love this idea!

To make a tea wreath you will need:
1 cardboard square (I cut it out of a box)
clothes pins
decorative paper
mod podge (glue)
hot glue gun
ribbon (or something to hang it with)
tea bags

Just cut the cardboard into a doughnut. I did mine 11 inches in diameter.

Cover the board with paper and mod podge. Using a 12x12 scrapbook paper is perfect. Cut small strips of paper to cover the pins.

Attach the clothes pins with hot glue, and tie the ribbon on. Then just add the tea and you're done!


1 comment:

  1. They turned out amazing!!! You're so creative!!! My tea is almost gone though!! Um... Does it come with refills?! I really love it though. I'm having trouble sharing my tea though!! ;) I love you Sarah!!! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete