Saturday, April 28, 2012

(■) First week of work

For those of you that follow the blog regularly, it has been a while since I've posted.  Sarah is normally penning our life on the internet.  For those of you that follow (aka stalk) me via Google Latitude, you know that I just got back from Target, Toy's R Us, and Harris Teeter.  Sarah was tasked with putting Gabriel to bed for his nap, and I was sent to continue gathering the items we would need during our temporary stay in apartment life.  Fortunately, we have many wonderful stores close by.

You may have noticed that this post's title includes a solid box.  My ever increasing "To Do" list starts with an empty box in front of every item, and once completed gets filled-in.  I have finished my first week of work, and I'm very excited to say that not once did my tie get wet in the bathroom sink.  Gone are the days of nomex (fire retardant jump suit) and steel toe boots... I'm a slacks and tie guy now.  Sarah took a picture every day before I left from work.  She is chronicling my attire so I remember which tie/shirt/pant combos work best.  And it is also proof that this blog is being written by the "real" Richard Sanders (not the criminal from Rhode Island).

I was a little stiff on Monday.
More relaxed on Tuesday
 
The world was mine on Wednesday
Still in the groove on Thursday

Giving white a try to close out the week.

My new assignment should be interesting and much less stressful than refinery life.  I left my company phone, and thus night and weekend emergencies, back in Cali and picked up a couple research jobs that allow more free thinking.  Dangerous, I know, for an engineer but outside-the-box is where engineers like to live (second to only BestBuy).

Next on the "To Do" list is registering the vehicles and getting a new driver's license.  I'm sure there will be an exciting DMV blog in the near future.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment