Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moving Update

I finally have the internet! I have been stuck in an apartment along with the baby. We've had no car, no TV and no internet. Richard has been hard at work, which means Gabriel and I are stuck watching the rain. BUT now I have internet. Yippee!!!

Ok, so while Gabriel is napping I figured I would post an update on our move. We had a bad turn of events on our way out here, and it threw us for a loop! It started with the house we had a contract on. The appraisal came in significantly lower than the sale price, and the sellers refused to budge. So we got out of the contract. That was the day before the movers came to pack our stuff. Little did we know, we would be staying in an apartment for months and needed to plan accordingly. So we only packed for two weeks. The next day, it was pouring cats and dogs (which hardly ever happens in SoCal), and well we can't stop the move because of weather. So I am hoping our stuff didn't get too wet when they were loading the truck.

We stayed at Tim and Marlene's house for 5 nights before flying out to Virginia. During that time, I found us an apartment to stay in. The apartment complex called the day before we flew out and said our application was denied, because Richard had a criminal record from Rhode Island. WHAT?!?! "Are you kidding", I asked. But I got a blunt "No" over the phone. Fortunately it took only 24 hours to get that mess cleared up. Don't worry folks, I am not actually married to a criminal. The same day, we found out someone stole our credit card information and tried to charge it with $1300 worth of stuff! Sheesh! So the credit card was deactivated, which meant we were now homeless and had no money. Not a good combination.

I am happy to report that we are now staying in an apartment AND we have money :). We ended up renting furniture, since our furniture was in storage, and it would be too difficult to sort through the boxes and only unpack what we needed. We also spent the first weekend doing a mad dash and looked at every option available on the housing market. After not being happy with what we saw we decided to look into a new development area. There we found a very nice town home within our budget available in August. So, that's where we are at now. We have signed on the new home, which will be staked out this week. The fun part is picking out all the details to the home. Well, I should clarify. It's fun for me, but I think Richard might just be seeing dollar signs.

I will post updates of the house as it comes along. We are very excited to move out of this apartment and into a place we can call home... with our own things!

No comments:

Post a Comment