Friday, January 4, 2013

1 week to go!

Today I am one week away from my due date with baby Hope, and I feel like a big pregnant emotional mess. I remember getting emotional toward the end of my pregnancy with Gabriel too. Basically it means feeling overwhelmed and anxious and wanting to cry a lot... over silly little things. But, fortunately I have an awesome husband who is patient and kind and lets me explain my feelings about why I want to eat a lot of sweets or how I feel like I have a lot of things to do, but I can't do any of it. Then he prays for me, and things start to feel better. I'm a lucky girl ;)

I am definitely ready to have Hope. She could decide to come right now, and that would be fine with me! Not because I waddle instead of walk, not because it's hard to carry a 30 pound toddler plus an additional 30 pounds of pregnancy weight (yep, just about 30 pounds gained this time!) up and down two flights of stairs and not because I'm sick of being so tired I can't spend enough time in the kitchen to actually cook a decent meal. I want Hope to come because I just want to hold her and see her and feel her tiny little fingers wrap around my pinky. I feel like all my anxiety and worry and silly emotions will go away when I get to hold my baby girl.

So until little baby Hope decides to grace us with her presence, I will continue to eat lots of sweets, watch lots of TV when I can't sleep and waddle around Target aimlessly just to have an excuse to get out of the house.

Please come soon baby Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment