Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pupkims

It's fall! I love fall. Especially here in Virginia, where the leaves turn all sorts of beautiful colors. When the sun hits the red, yellow and orange leaves, it looks like the trees are on fire. I'm also enjoying all the fall produce, and pumpkins in particular. Gabriel calls them "pupkims". We have made two different types of pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin granola and I have loved getting some pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks! Gabriel had a blast going to the "pupkim patch" (aka the parking lot down the road) to pick out a couple that he could paint. One for him, and one for Hope.

I took this picture right before I had to reach out and stop them both from toppling over. 

We used our finger paints to decorate the pumpkins.

The colors ended up getting all rubbed together, and in the end the pumpkin looked like it just had a mud bath. Oh, and our hands got just as much paint on them. :)

Maybe I should make some pumpkin pie! MMmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment