Monday, July 26, 2010

First Ultrasound


My first Dr visit was when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Here's the picture of the ultrasound. If you look hard enough, you can see Richard's reflection off the monitor as he takes the picture.

Supposedly you're able to see the heartbeat already at 6 weeks. And maybe you can, but I sure couldn't. The Dr. was pointing at the screen saying "You see that little flicker? That's your baby's heart beat." But as hard as I looked I couldn't see anything. In fact the pen she was using to point with was covering up most of the baby anyway! But I think the second visit made up for it, when we actually heard the heart beat.

The "X" on either side of the baby are measuring the length. This is how they tell how far along I am. She was very precise, saying I was 6 weeks and 3 days. I guess they have to be, in order to have a due date.

Speaking of due dates, our baby is due Feb 10. I hope it doesn't come too much sooner, because I don't want it's birthday to fall too close to Richard's (Jan 23). I also don't want it to be too close to Valentine's Day. If I could pick the date, I would pick Feb 5. That just seems like a good number. Richard, however, has his own preference for a due date. He has this whole thing worked out with our birthdays only using certain numbers. His birthday is January 23, which uses the numbers 1-2-3. My birthday is October 2, which uses the numbers 1-0-2. So Richard wants the baby to come on February 10, since that would be 2-1-0, which uses the same numbers as ours. Actually, now that I look at it, the baby's numbers would be just like mine, but in a different order. Does that mean the baby will resemble me more than Richard? Just a thought.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new blog!! It seriously made my day to see a new post! YAY! I'm your #1 blogger fan! Love - Aunt d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for January 27th! Then you can call her Daniel or Danielle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are such engineers with the numbers thing! :)

    ReplyDelete