Sunday, August 1, 2010

Broadcasting Sarah into Cyberspace

Richard here, posting for the first time. For those of you that may not know... I'm a geek. I love technology, especially technology that involves my Android phone. There is an application that I've started using called USTREAM. It allows me to use my phone's camera to stream live video and audio on the internet. Yesterday, I decided to create a channel called "SMSCake" and broadcast Sarah making a cake (you can watch the video here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8642975). Will post a final pic of the cake later. Of note, you can also use the application on your PC with a webcam. I can already see us streaming our babies first steps, first birthday, and pretty much any other first (or second if I can't get the phone in time). Sarah has told me that we will not be broadcasting the birth, but I may be able to broadcast soon after. Will keep you posted when I create a baby channel.

The URL for her cake channel is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/smscake
Password is "decorate"

1 comment: