Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2nd Trimester

I'm officially in my 2nd trimester now, and tomorrow I'll hit my 14 week mark. So far, the 2nd trimester is living up to it's expectations. I have my energy back and I don't feel sick anymore. I think Richard is especially happy about this, because I'm able to make nice dinners again. When I wasn't feeling well, Richard was in charge of making all the dinners. He made chicken, but the smell of it cooking made me sick. Then he made pasta but the creamy sauce made me sick. So we resorted to cereal and grilled cheese most of the time. Thank goodness I can eat like normal again!

Each week I get an email telling me the new developments and size of our baby, and each time the baby's size is compared to some type of food. It started at poppy seed, then lentil, blueberry, etc. At 13 weeks, our baby was the size of a medium shrimp. I didn't like this, because I'm picturing cold, wet, raw meat. I much prefer to think of our baby as some sort of fruit. So I'm hoping tomorrow's 14 week email mentions something cuter than a piece of meat. I'll let you know.

Some people have been asking when I'll have a baby bump. I don't have a bump yet, and I can still fit into my jeans, but I'm excited to start looking pregnant, and we plan to take profile pictures as we go. I know every pregnancy is different, but I've been told I should start to see a little baby bump in the next month. I guess a shrimp wouldn't show much anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment