Friday, January 21, 2011

Gabriel's Baby Shower

I have to brag. I have such wonderful friends! They did an amazing job throwing a baby shower. It was held at Rachel's house, and we sat outside in the wonderful warm and sunny weather of Southern California.

Here are some pictures of how things were decorated.



Beautiful flowers made by Marlene's sister Rose. She painted them blue!



This is Pig-a-choo (Pig + choo choo). Danielle painted him and thus named him.



He is filled with quarters to start off Gabriel's college fund. Oh, if quarters was all it took!



I was very impressed when I saw this amazing cake Danielle and Marlene made! As their teacher, I am so proud. Although, they may have surpassed me. This cake was awesome!!



The California license plate has Gabriel's initials and his due date.







This is Erin holding Stacy's baby, Evelyn. Evelyn was too cool with those sunglasses.



The two happy prego ladies.



And our babies saying hello.



One of the games we played was guessing how many times you can wrap a roll of toilet paper around my belly. Can you guess? It was double ply toilet paper. To help, here's a profile shot of me.



OK. The answer is... 22 times! Lysken actually guessed the exact number!



Another game was drinking kool-aid from a bottle. Whoever finishes the fastest wins.



They gave me a bottle with the cap still on, so I couldn't drink anything! And after we all started drinking it, we realized they forgot to put any sugar in the kool-aid. It was so sour!



Jill was the winner!





And of course there were lots of gifts.









I had a wonderful time at the shower. Thanks to the hostesses to put it together (Lauren, Sarah, and Veronica couldn't make it)



Thanks everyone for the great gifts! Gabriel is almost here!!

1 comment:

  1. I have awesome friends too! I love you Sarah, and I am sooooo stinking excited to meet Gabriel! Blessings to ya!

    ReplyDelete