Sunday, January 9, 2011

Preparation for Chilbirth

Wow we haven't written in a long time! Our holidays were filled with fun stuff to share, but we were so busy having fun that we forgot to share! I'll see if I can post some photos later this week. For now I'll just give a quick update.

Today Richard and I took an 8 hour Preparation for Childbirth class. It was a lot of information at once, but such a great class! Most of the other couples were about as far along as we are. By the way, I'm 5 weeks away from my due date! Crazy, I know! I would say I feel pretty comfortable with the whole labor and delivery thing now. Enough studying and classes have made me feel like I know what to expect.

My last day of work in this Wednesday. I've already been thinking of all the stuff I can get done around the house when I'm off work, but Richard keeps reminding me to relax and put my feet up.

The status of the baby's room is, well, not very good at all. We have a crib that's partially assembled, a dresser that's pretty empty, drapes that need to be hung, and Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations lying around that still haven't been put up. If we're this poorly organized before having a child, I can't imagine how folks get through it with a child and both parents working! They must be superheros.

Guess that's the update. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment