Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Trip to the Hospital

The doctor has told me I should be feeling the baby move every 2 hours. Yesterday, I hadn't felt the baby move the entire morning. Then I started to get some stomach pains. Not feeling too worried yet, I called the doctor around lunch time and explained what was going on. Once I said I hadn't felt the baby move since the night before, they asked me to go in to the labor and delivery part of the hospital to be monitored. This is when I started to get scared. I called Richard in the middle of a meeting and started crying when I told him I needed to go to the hospital. We both rushed out of work and drove to the hospital right away. The whole time I kept drinking water and paying attention to my belly, but still felt no movement.

Once we got to the hospital, the nurses hooked me up to a monitor and we could hear the heart beat. Then they gave me a button and asked me to push it whenever I felt the baby move for the next 20 minutes. That's when Gabriel decided to wake up and make me feel better. Not only did he start moving around, but he got hiccups too. I started pressing the button so much my thumb was hurting. But I was fine with a sore thumb, since I knew the baby was OK. Richard took this picture of me when I started to feel better.



So the baby is fine. Maybe he was just playing a little trick on us. Today we are 4 weeks away from Gabriel's due date. I hope the next time we go to the hospital is for the delivery!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love blog updates! Baby Gabriel you scared us but we are SO glad you were just sleeping! We can't wait to meet you! 4 more weeks! It's so crazy that you're nearly here! I can't wait to hold you! Love- Aunt d

    ReplyDelete