Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2nd trimester

I am officially in my second trimester! I am starting to feel much better, although I will randomly get nauseous still. And I seem to continue being very picky about what I can eat. I can't eat a lot of fruit (which is horrible timing, since it's summer!), and I still mostly stick to carbs and cheese. I am almost done with my second giant family size box of goldfish crackers. I have eaten them all by myself. It's quite the accomplishment actually.
Last week, we went for a check up with the doctor. I was crying during the appointment, but they were happy tears. We heard the baby's heart beat (mommy's eyes get watery), and then were able to see the baby move around on the ultrasound. He/she was very active, actually. squirming and waving and kicking. We saw the little fingers clench and unclench, and the arm extend back and forth as if the baby was waving at us (commence unstoppable tears from mommy).

Although seeing our baby is a perfectly good reason for some tears, I seem to be quite emotional. I went to see the new Disney/Pixar movie, Brave, and cried throughout the movie. I blame it on the pregnancy hormones. Although I may have cried at Disney movies in the past, but at least now I have something to blame it on.

The doctor seems to think I am further along than they originally thought, but she's keeping our expected due date at 1/13/13. She suspects I'll be at least a few days early.

No comments:

Post a Comment