Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2014 Christmas Ornament

One of my favorite holiday traditions is adding a new ornament to the tree that represents something from that year. This year, I have been searching all over for a Italian Christmas ornament. But surprisingly I haven't found any ornament that were made in Italy. I was also looking for ornaments at different touristy places we've visited, but wasn't really happy with what I found. My ornaments usually have to match my red and gold theme. So I decided to try to make an ornament from a wine cork. The wine was from Italy, and I'm making it while living in Italy. So that seems pretty Italian to me! Here's what I came up with.


I am not completely happy with it, so I also went back to and purchased an ornament representing Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper painting, which is located just one block from our apartment. I guess I'll have two ornaments for this year.

Here are the ornaments from the past few years.
2013 - The birth of Hope Lynn Sanders
2012 - M&M from Las Vegas's M&M World
2011 - The birth of Gabriel John Sanders
2010 - Royal crown from London
2009 - Aloha Hawaiian honeymoon

No comments:

Post a Comment