Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happily Married for 2 Years

Richard and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We got dressed up, dropped off the baby at a friend's house, then went to a nice sea food restaurant. It was a romantic night.

During dinner we talked about what we remember most from the last year. We loved our Europe vacation, although we both agreed that nothing will ever beat the Hawaii honeymoon. We remember holidays spent with family. Most of all, of course, is the birth of our baby boy. Now that he's 5 months, we continue to be amazed at how much love we have for this little guy. It's a different kind of love than we've ever had before. Someone once told me that when you have a child, it gives you just a glimpse of how much God loves you. I think having Gabriel definitely tops the chart for our second year of marriage.

We like to follow the traditional anniversary gifts. This year, it was cotton. I gave Richard a nice dress shirt, and he gave me a gift certificate for a massage (where they will have cotton robes). I have to say, I think the massage was an excellent choice! This isn't just any massage. I'll be going to Burke Williams. Aaaahhhh Burke Williams! I love this place. When you go there, you MUST either go early or stay late... or both! Why? Because before and after your appointment, you can enjoy an array of spa luxuries. They have a sauna, pool, hot tub, dark/reading room (for naps or quiet relaxing), shower with everything you may need, etc. I will definitely enjoy all these things along with their cucumber mint water! Aaaahhhhh....

In case you want to know more about the traditional anniversary gifts, here are the first 5 years:
Year 1 - Paper (this was our airline tickets to Europe)
Year 2 - Cotton (A dress shirt for him, a massage, with cotton robes, for me)
Year 3 - Leather
Year 4 - Fruit/Flowers
Year 5 - Wood
Click here to see the rest.

After dinner, we picked up Gabriel and headed home. It was late, and Gabe fell asleep in the back seat. He was holding his teddy bear and sucking his fingers.

What a great year of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment