Thursday, July 7, 2011

Insanity

On July 5, Richard and I started the Insanity work out. It's one of many workout programs from Beach Body. The program takes you through 60 days of intense workouts, and includes a meal plan. The first "work out" was actually the fit test, where you write down how much you can do in order to track your progress later on. Well, even the fit test was hard. We took a LOT of breaks during the workout and we still feel like it kicked our butts. Since we haven't worked out consistently since I got pregnant, we are definitely out of shape.

Before I got pregnant, we were in the middle of the P90X work out. That was a 90 day program, but I think we stopped around day ~70 since it was a bit too intense for a pregnant woman :0).

Now I'm trying to adjust our diet slightly to align with the Insanity meal plan. I think we'll do an 80/20 approach. The plan says to eat 5 meals each day, and each of the meals are about the same size. Each meal consists of 40% protein, 40% carbs (whole wheat and whole grain) and 20% fat. Now that's all fine and dandy, but I LOVE sweets, and the plan doesn't have any desserts listed. So I am going to allow myself 2 servings of something sweet each week.

Hopefully we can get through all 60 days of Insanity without killing ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment