Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How We Save Money Part 3 - Free Stuff

This is the funnest part of the series. I love free stuff! I even drove around getting as much free stuff as I could on my birthday last year. So without further ado, here are my favorite three ways to get free stuff.

Swagbucks - You can get many things from here, but I always get Amazon gift cards. So far, I've received $50 in Amazon gift cards from this site. Before I explain how it works, I encourage you to please sing up through this link. It's the same for you no matter how you sign up, but if you follow my link, I'll get more swagbucks :) So here's how it works. Swagbucks.com will reward you with "swagbucks" (a pretend money) for different tasks you do. Some of these tasks take some good time, and others take seconds. I only do certain tasks that I consider worth my time. Doing these things every day, I can get a $5 Amazon gift card about every other week.
- Daily internet search - Swagbucks home page has a web search engine. Instead of using Google, I often use this site. Each day, after only 2 or 3 searches, they reward you with 7-12 swagbucks.
- Daily Poll - These are fun polls that ask questions submitted by members. After taking 2 seconds to answer, you get a swagbuck.
- NOSO - I don't know what this stands for, but you click past the ads and get 2 more bucks. Takes about 20 seconds.
- Swagbucks TV - Whenever I am at my computer, I have this playing in the background. I don't even watch it. After a certain amount of time, I am rewarded with 3 swagbucks. I can just keep it going as long as I'm at my computer. A normal day will give me over 20 swagbucks.

Huggies Rewards - Believe it or not you can actually do this even if you don't buy Huggies diapers, but buying the diapers gives you more options in rewards. I submit my points (received from buying diapers or I get them free from online sources), for entrees into sweepstakes. The key to winning is to NOT enter for the expensive items, but enter for the items they are giving away the most of. So far I've won Crocks shoes for Gabriel, free magazines and an Amazon gift card. The Pampers website has a similar program.

• Couponing - See post 2 of this series.

OK so those are my favorites and I participate every single day. After that, there are other things I do sporadically.

Freebies4Mom.com - Here you can view any free stuff that is available, great deals, Huggies/Pampers codes (for the above mentioned), etc. A great resource! Just go and look around.

• Sweepstakes - I only enter small ones with a bigger chance of winning. I mostly find them in the blogs I enjoy reading.

• Surveys - I used to take surveys during the day when Gabriel was sleeping. I got a total of $15 back form them, but then stopped because I didn't think it was worth my time. I like to spend as little time as possible on stuff like this. If you're interested, though, the site I liked the best was OpinionOutpost.com

And that's it. This is the end of the series "How We Save Money". Hope you learned something, and enjoyed reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I've really enjoyed the series! You did really well explaining things and I learned a lot! Actually made me really excited! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete